If your roof is damaged, or if you’re fairly certain you need a full-scale roof replacement, you need to find a residential roofing company you can trust.
And it all starts with a free inspection.
So how do you prepare for your inspection, and what should you expect? Here’s what you need to know:
What You Need to Know Before a Free Inspection With a Residential Roofing Company
The roofer will come to your location, and he or she will talk to you about your roof, ask questions (and answer your questions) and inspect the roof for damage to find out exactly what you need.
Many experts suggest putting together a list of questions that can help you make the right hiring decision. You may want to ask specific questions related to things you’ve observed about your own roof, as well as ask general questions about things you know a roofer should inspect and be able to repair. You can also ask the roofer what he or she is going to look for in your attic and on your rooftop, and you can ask questions about the estimate you receive after the consultation (like how long the job will take, what kinds of warranties the roofing company provides, and what happens if something goes wrong).
What Does a Residential Roof Inspection Cover?
Generally, an inspector looks for a number of “red flags” that could indicate your roof needs repair or replacement. Some of the issues a roof inspector will check for include:
- Improper flashing. Flashing is one of the most essential components of your roof, and if it’s installed improperly, there are unsealed areas prone to water damage.
- If you’ve noticed a leak inside your home, the inspector will see how severe it is on the roof and in the attic. However, inspectors are also able to detect leaks that haven’t become bad enough for you to notice them if you’re not actively looking for them, too.
- Rot and mold. If there’s water damage, there’s a good chance that there’s mold or rot somewhere – and a good inspector will find it.
- Structural problems. Your inspector will look for a sagging roof deck, light coming in where it shouldn’t, and other issues that signify structural problems that need to be addressed immediately.
- Worn, old shingles. Your inspector will check the shingles to see if they’re curled, wearing thin and losing granules, or missing.
If the inspector uncovers any of these issues, he or she will recommend the right remedies – you may need a few repairs, or you may need an entire roof replacement.
Do You Need a Free Inspection From a Residential Roofing Company?
Whether you’ve seen leaks or you suspect your roof has been damaged, or if your roof is more than 20 years old, you could benefit from a free inspection with a local residential roofing company.
Call us at 214-994-5339 if you’re in Dallas or 972-446-5959 if you’re in Carrollton, or get in touch with us online to schedule your free roofing inspection now.
About R&R Exteriors Roofing:
R&R Exteriors is Dallas-Fort Worth’s premier roofing company with over 30 years combined experience. R&R Exteriors offers the help you need to repair and replace all types of roofing problems quickly and efficiently. If you are looking for a McKinney, Frisco, Allen, Plano area roofing company, or Edmond, Oklahoma and the surrounding area, take a look at our website to learn about our team and to schedule a free roof inspection today.
Dallas Location: 10440 N Central Expy Ste 800 Dallas, TX 75231 Carrollton Location: 1611 N Interstate 35E Ste 420 Carrollton, TX 75006
Edmond Location: 2424 N Broadway #412 Edmond, OK 73034