When you’re a homeowner, you know that you have to maintain your house – and part of that is keeping up with the roof. Having periodic roof inspections can help you save money on costly repairs caused by damages that start out small, but how do you know when to schedule a roofing inspection (and how do you do it)?
This guide walks you through when, why and how to schedule a professional roof inspection with the best roofing company in Dallas.
When to Schedule a Professional Roof Inspection
If you see any damage to your roof, or if you’re experiencing leaks inside your home, don’t wait – call a roofing pro to your home immediately. Your roof is your home’s first line of defense against storms and other weather events, and if it’s damaged, the rest of your house is at risk, too.
Under normal circumstances, such as when there haven’t been any major hail storms, high winds and other weather events, and when everything is business-as-usual at home, you should have your roof inspected each year. You can even inspect it yourself if you’re not experiencing any problems with it.
However, there are some big red flags that let you know you need to call a roofing pro right away.
Red Flags That Mean You Need a Roof Inspection ASAP
If you notice any of these issues, you need a roof inspection right away:
- A sagging roof deck. Many roofs have different degrees of pitch, but all the lines should be pretty straight. If some lines look like they’re sagging, it can indicate a big problem that you need to address right away.
- Algae growth. Algae growth alone isn’t a sign that you need roof repair, but it does mean there’s moisture present on your roof. Typically, this looks like dark spots or streaks.
- Damaged shingles. If you have missing shingles, or if your shingles are cracked, curling at the corners are edges, or look “bald” because they’re missing granules, repairing them can save you big bucks. You should call a professional roof inspector to check out how bad the damage is.
- Leaks inside your home. If your roof is leaking, you need a pro to come out and assess the damage before it gets worse.
- Light showing through from the attic. If light can get in, so can pests, water and other undesirables. You’ll need to call a roofing expert as soon as possible to make repairs.
- Shingle granules in your gutters. When you notice shingle granules in your gutters, your roof’s quality is degrading. Those granules are there to fight off the weather and protect your house – and if they’re coming loose from your shingles, the shingles can’t do their job.
How to Schedule a Free Roof Inspection With Dallas’s Premier Roofing Contractors
If you need a free roof inspection, call us. We’ll come to your home at a time that’s convenient for you and check on how well your roof is holding up. Our experts will be happy to answer all your roofing questions and provide you with a free estimate if your roof needs repairs.
About R&R Exteriors Roofing:
R&R Exteriors is Dallas-Fort Worth’s premier roofing company with over 30 years combined experience. R&R Exteriors offers the help you need to repair and replace all types of roofing problems quickly and efficiently. If you are looking for a McKinney, Frisco, Allen, Plano area roofing company, or Edmond, Oklahoma and the surrounding area, take a look at our website to learn about our team and to schedule a free roof inspection today.
Dallas Location: 10440 N Central Expy Ste 800 Dallas, TX 75231 Carrollton Location: 1611 N Interstate 35E Ste 420 Carrollton, TX 75006
Edmond Location: 2424 N Broadway #412 Edmond, OK 73034